How to hire good people and have them stay working for you
1. Good people quit when their talents are wasted. It’s a too high price to pay for them, no matter the paycheck size.
2. If you wanna hire great people and have them stay working for you, you have to let them make a lot of decisions.
3. You have to be run by ideas, not hierarchy. The best ideas have to win. Otherwise, good people don’t stay.
4. Good people will not stay in the environment where they have no freedom to do what is best.
5. You hire smart people not to treat them like they are stupid by handcuffing them with micromanagement.
6. You hire smart people to seek out new ways of doing things; to hire more smart people; to create an environment attractive to more smart people; to choose the best methods, processes and solutions.
7. And most importantly: You hire smart people to do things that you did not even know were possible.
– Steve Jobs